Monday, November 17, 2014

The Beirut Book | Help Needed

It's been a while since I lost any hope into finding a local solution to my problem... I mean a Lebanese one. I'm looking for someone or some factory able to produce enameled iron signs, such as the blue ones we can see at every street corner in Beirut. I mean real iron, not thin tin-plate. And real enamel, not some tacky paint.

I've made a lot of research in Beirut, asked a lot of people for the past 10 months. Once I found a shop in Furn el-Hayek. The guy there told me that he did produce, a long time ago, the buildings number (as those I used during the countdown before The Beirut Book launching). But he only can "cook" small pieces in his oven, like 15cm high. But I need something much bigger (60cm max). A few days ago I talked to a Lebanese architect who was looking for something similar. He was deadlocked too on this issue, and has finally decided to look for a solution in Greece.

Today, I've found a small shop in Paris (picture above). I have to go back there tomorrow morning. But I feel bad about it. For years, in all the projects I managed in Beirut, I've sticked to my principles: always find local providers, always keep any project 100% local, always prioritize Lebanese manufacturers.

So... I need some help. My question is quite simple: can any of you give me a hint about someone or some place in Beirut who can do the job?

2 comments:

  1. may be i can help you can you send me your mobile number

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please can you mail me at info@beirutprints.com, I'm not currently in Beirut

      Delete